Last Updated on May 6, 2022
Taco Del Mar, and its affiliates, REGO Restaurant Group and Quiznos, (“we,” “our,” or “us”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW IT IS USED
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. We may also collect personal information that we are authorized to obtain by you or by law. The types of personal information we collect will depend on how you are interacting with us using our Site and services. For example, we may collect different information from you if you contacted us regarding services provided at a restaurant owned and operated by one of our franchisees, or if you contact us with a question about employment opportunities at Taco Del Mar. Depending on how you interact with our websites, the information we may have collected from you and others within the past 12 months may include:
- email address,
- first name and last name,
- phone number,
- street address, state/province, zip/postal code, city,
- user name and password
- Internet Protocol address, and
- usage data.
Information is collected about you (directly and/or through the activities of third party suppliers and service providers (“suppliers”) and/or franchisees) from various sources. including without limitation the following:
- information you provide when you Contact Us through this Site,
- information you provide on the Program/account registration and other online pages, surveys, or other submission through this Site and/or in connection with Programs and services available through this Site,
- information recorded as a result of your interaction with us and/or franchisees and/or use of the Site (including without limitation information we receive when you use your Program member card(s), historical sales information, information about your location and the device you are using, through this Site or any other website or in any other manner),
- information you provide when you respond to surveys conducted by or on behalf of us and/or franchisees,
- information we gather about you through our marketing activities (see the Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information section below),
- information we collect about you from outside of this Site, including without limitation information we receive from you in person and/or from third parties (including without limitation from franchisees and referrals from third parties),
- information we collect about you from third parties in order to supplement our existing information about you, and
The information collected may be combined with other information and may be used and disclosed in a number of ways by us (directly and/or through the activities of franchisees and/or supplier(s)), to help us better understand and serve our customers, or as otherwise described, including without limitation as described below.
- To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to e-newsletters, access to our webcasts concerning quarterly earnings, marketing and other programs, identifying a Taco Del Mar location and letting you know if you qualify for an Operation Donation program.
- To administer Programs and services, including without limitation providing you with services and Program benefits, features and related communications, to verify your participation in the Program or service, to process orders placed and applicable payments, to track submissions, to make your historical ordering information available to you for your future ordering purposes. Note that third party information you provide (for example, your friend in a forward-to-a-friend program) may be maintained in connection with your submission.
- To provide you with information about new products or services, events in our Taco Del Mar restaurants, events that Taco Del Mar or its franchisees sponsor, including but not limited to contests, sweepstakes and surveys, and other special offers and marketing programs, which may include information about our affiliated company(ies), franchisees and/or other programs with which any of us or them are involved.
- To enhance our customers’ and Site users’ experiences in our Taco Del Mar restaurants, on this Site or in a Program and enhance the sales efforts of Taco Del Mar and/or its franchisees.
- To provide Site and Program functionality.
- To conduct research and analysis and to otherwise measure the effectiveness of this Site, our online and offline marketing efforts and to develop and implement products, services, and marketing programs. This analysis may include combining personal data drawn from online and offline sources.
- To work with third parties to append data to our records or enable other parties to append your non-personal data to their records.
- In connection with certain submissions by you as described in the Statement.
- To coordinate Program activities and communications with other marketing programs conducted by us and/or franchisees.
- To process your online job application and related information.
- For purposes of targeted or customized advertising or messaging to you, as further described in Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information.
- To learn more about potential investors in our company, and to allow you to ask questions and receive responses during our webcasts for investors.
How we share personal information:
We do not sell or rent to third parties any of the personal information that you provide to us through this Site. We do not authorize third parties unaffiliated with Taco Del Mar to make independent use of your personal information for their own benefit, such as for their own direct marketing, without your consent. When we do provide your information to our suppliers who are performing services for us, they are only permitted to use that information to assist us. Additionally, aggregated and/or anonymous information about our users may be shared with any number of third parties. Additionally, we may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, lenders, investors and/or third party providers. In addition to the uses described above, we share information with these third parties primarily to respond to your specific request or to obtain their service and/or advice on how to improve our business. Your personal information may be transferred to and within the United States and Canada, and certain of your personal information may be transferred to other countries. Please also see Security of Your Personal Information below.
Information and forms available on the Franchise Information section of this Site are applicable only to prospective franchisees in the United States and Canada. If you would like to inquire about becoming a franchisee outside of the United States and Canada, please contact our Franchise Development department.
Information on a submitted online form will become part of any application for a Taco Del Mar franchise that you might later submit. We may disclose your personal information to our business units, agents, affiliates and to other third parties as part of our consideration of any subsequent franchise application. We do not authorize unaffiliated third parties to use your personal information for any purpose other than consideration of your application.
On occasion, Taco Del Mar may conduct or sponsor contests/sweepstakes with the opportunity to win prizes. As part of entering a contest or sweepstakes on-line through this Site or through a third party provider site, certain personal information may be required. This information will be used as described in the applicable Official Contest/Sweepstakes Rules.
JOB APPLICATION INFORMATION
Please note that certain suppliers’ sites may also allow you to submit your resume and/or otherwise apply for jobs at franchisee locations. Taco Del Mar is not responsible for the hiring or employment practices of its franchisees. As described in the Our Business Structure section in the Statement, Taco Del Mar assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of our franchisees in their handling of the personal information they collect from you online or offline. If you have questions or concerns about a Taco Del Mar franchisee, please contact that franchisee directly. If you need assistance reaching a franchisee, please Contact Us or see the For More Information section below.
If you are a member of the press, Taco Del Mar will collect your name and contact information in order to respond to you. We may store your personal information and inquiries for future reference.
SITE USAGE AND TARGETED MARKETING INFORMATION
Some web browsers allow you to turn on Do Not Track (“DNT”), which sends signals to websites you visit, telling those sites that you do not want your online activities to be tracked. Our Site is not designed to respond to DNT signals received from web browsers.
Sometimes we use technology to collect the information that your browser uses to auto-fill. We use this to tell you if there is a mistake in registration or if the registration cannot be submitted. You can stop this technology by turning it off in your browser, and you will still be able to use all of the options on our websites.
PROTECTING OUR COMMUNITY
This Site is not directed toward children under the age of thirteen, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. We do not knowingly sell any personal information of individuals under 18 years old. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please ensure that you use this Site with the permission of a parent or guardian. If a child under thirteen provided this Site with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian Contact Us, call us at 303.573.2433 or write us at Attn: Legal Department, 4700 S Syracuse St, Suite 225, Denver, Colorado 80237, and we will promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Taco Del Mar maintains reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Unfortunately though, we can’t guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. If you believe your account(s) have been compromised, please immediately Contact Us and take immediate action to remove the credit card, Taco Del Mar gift card or other payment information associated with your account(s). Personal information and non-personal information are stored on computers and servers located in the United States. The United States may not offer a level of privacy protection for personal information as great as that offered in other jurisdictions. Therefore, the disclosure of personal information is at your own risk. Email submissions over the Internet may not be secure. Please consider this fact before emailing any personal or confidential information.
TRANSFER OF ASSETS OR BUSINESS
In the event of a transfer or sale of some or all of our business or assets, Taco Del Mar may disclose your personal information to those involved in such a transfer or sale of business or assets. We may also disclose your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, joint venture, or assignment of our assets or ownership interest (including any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
Please notify us immediately of a lost or stolen member card. If you need to update, verify or delete your personal information related to a particular Program or service, please edit your account in the area provided, if available as part of a Program, Contact Us, or contact us at 303.573.2433. Note that not all fields are able to be changed. If you need to update or verify your personal information related to a job application, or wish to remove yourself from future consideration for other career opportunities, please go to the Careers section of this Site, and use your user name and password to update or verify your personal information or to indicate that you no longer want to receive emails regarding other career opportunities. Please, note, however, that changes made either in an account area or by contacting us directly may not remove your personal information from specific uses for which it was previously provided or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible, subject to retention for Program administration, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and other valid legal or business reasons. Please note that your historical usage information may remain in our records.
To opt-out of email marketing communications, unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” choices at the bottom of an email marketing communication from us, or refer to the applicable account page. To opt-out of certain site and online advertising tracking, see Application/Site Usage and Targeted Marketing Information. To opt-out of future offline uses of your personal information, do not use your Program member card(s) or account(s) and Contact Us and request that your personal information be deleted. Please, note, however, that changes made either in an account area or by contacting us directly may not remove your personal information from specific uses or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible, subject to retention for Program administration, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and other valid legal or business reasons.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Although this Site may open a new browser window when you click on a link to a third party’s site, we do not guarantee that you will receive this alert when you leave this Site. It is your responsibility to determine when you have left this Site.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a California resident you may have the following rights or choices that we will accommodate where your requests meet legal and regulatory requirements and do not risk making our other data less secure or changing our other data. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. You may have the right to request that we disclose the following about personal information that we collect, use or disclose to third parties for their direct marketing activities:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you,
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected,
- The business purpose for collecting personal information,
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The category of personal information, and types of personal information we collect about you for each legal category,
- The source of the information, and
- The business purposes for which we collect and may share your personal information and with whom.
We’ve included these things in the California Privacy Chart at the end of this California Privacy Notice.
Access, Erase: You may have the right to know what information is being collected about you, to access your personal information, to receive a copy of your information, and to know whether your personal information is disclosed and to whom. You may also request that we delete any personal information about you that we have collected from you.
To make such requests, please Contact Us, write us at: 4700 S Syracuse St, Suite 225, Denver, CO, 80237, call us: 303.573.2433, or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We verify requests for disclosures about personal information, and requests for the deletion of personal information. Your request must include your first and last name, address, phone number and an email address. If you have an account with us, you must provide the account information with your request. We will compare the information you provide with your request with previous information provided by you to verify it is you making the request. We may also contact you by telephone, text or email to complete this verification. If you authorize an agent to make a request on your behalf, the agent must also provide documentation such as a power of attorney or other signed and notarized authorization from you to verify your agent’s right to request (and in the case of disclosure requests, right to receive information) on your behalf. Any personal information we collect in connection with verifying your request will solely be used for that purpose.
Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us because you exercise your privacy rights. We will not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised their rights described above, including but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to the consumer,
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties,
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer,
- suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Due to the value of consumer data we derive from consumers who provide personal information though our customer loyalty App Programs, which are not offered through our Site, but are offered through an online App, we may offer consumers who participate in these Programs discounts on purchases. The difference in price for consumers who participate in these Programs will be reasonably related to the value of the consumer data we derive.
California Shine the Light: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits California residents to annually request, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties to market third party products and services or for their own marketing purposes.
California Privacy Chart: The following chart describes the categories of personal information covered by this California Privacy Notice that we may collect about you and have collected in the past 12 months and, for each category, where and why we collected it, and the categories of entities with which we shared the personal information. Our products and services are provided through independently-owned and operated franchises and we obtain information from them.
Categories of Consumers’ Personal Information
Categories of Sources
Purpose(s) for Collection of Consumers’ Personal Information
Categories of Third Parties With Which Personal Information Was Shared for a Business Purpose
|Personal Identifiers – such as, name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, mobile ad ID address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers||Franchises
Third-party data sources (such as data aggregators)
|Questions and Communications
Products and Information
Safety and Security
|Service providers (vendors that provide services to us in connection with our business operations, including vendors that process payments, verify customer information, manage customer information, advertise and market our products and services and those of our affiliates, provide security services, cloud-based data storage, host our website and assist with other IT-related functions, provide analytics information, legal and accounting services, among other business functions)
|Protected Characteristics – such as age (over 40); sex/gender; or marital status||Third-party data sources||Marketing and internal analysis||Service Providers|
|Commercial information – such as products or services purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies||Franchises
Consumers interacting with our Site
|Providing products and services
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing and search history||Consumers interacting with our Site||Security processes
Customer service and support
|Geolocation data||Consumers interacting with Sites or advertisements
Third-party data sources
|Provision of products and services
Customer service and support
|Inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes||Third-party data source||Marketing||Service Providers|
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information: In the last 12 months we have not sold any personal information. We do not and will not sell personal information.
Privacy Rights in Canada
When you withdraw or vary your consent, our ability to provide you with rights to use our Site may be affected.
Subject to legal limitations and exceptions, you may request to review and/or correct your personal information. To make such a request, please “Contact Us”, write us at: 4700 S Syracuse St, Suite 225, Denver, CO, 80237 or call: 303.573.2433 and submit your request to review and/or correct this information. We will require proof of your identity before providing access to your personal information to you.
We will only send you commercial electronic messages if we have obtained your express opt-in consent to receive such messages from us, our franchisees and marketing partners as applicable. Commercial electronic messages will only relate to the specific purpose for which you consented. You may withdraw your consent and opt-out or unsubscribe from commercial electronic messages at any time by following the instructions contained in the message or that are available through our Site. All requests to opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving commercial electronic messages will be processed promptly.
If you expressly consent, we may provide notifications to you via short message service (“SMS”)/text messages regarding our products, services and promotions. You can unsubscribe from the SMS/text message service at any time by texting “STOP” or “ARRÊT” to us. If you require further information, text “HELP” or “AIDE” and we will respond with customer service information, cost and message frequency information and instructions on how to unsubscribe from SMS/text messaging from us.
Your personal information collected through our Site or when you otherwise engage with us may be stored in the United States, Canada or any other country in which we or our service providers maintain facilities. When your personal information is stored outside of Canada, it may be accessed by foreign governmental authorities and otherwise in accordance with the laws applicable in the jurisdiction in which it is stored. The data protection laws of other countries or jurisdictions may be more or less restrictive than Canadian data protection laws. For additional information regarding the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by our service providers located outside of Canada, please “Contact Us”, write us at: 4700 S Syracuse St, Suite 225, Denver, CO, 80237 or call: 303.573.2433.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Attn: Legal Department
TDMF Holdings, LLC
4700 S. Syracuse St. Suite 225
Denver, CO 80237
Or by Fax to: Legal Department at 303.573.2433
Taco Del Mar® trademarks and others are owned by TDMF Holdings, LLC.
All Rights Reserved.